Sunday, September 10, 2006

Boasting


2 Cor. 11:30 If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness.

How ironic that I wrote this two days ago, Lord. Yesterday, I must confess, I did not boast in you. I boasted in my own accomplishments--paltry as they were. Forgive me Lord. I heard your word and turned away the very next day.

Good evening, Lord. Thank you for how you have blessed us today. Thank you for the fun fair at church today, and how Kieren and Aaron enjoyed it. Thank you that we could hear from Pete & Julie and that they are okay. Thank you that Dave & Amber & Caleb were able to make it to church today.

Lord, thank you for the conversation I had this evening. Please forgive me if I said anything wrong to the person with whom I was speaking. I pray, Lord, that you may have been the voice that was heard, and not me. I don't want to mess people up in any way. Please grant me wisdom in all of those situations. Lord, I feel so at a loss. I don't know what to say to people in difficult situations. I don't even know what to say to people in great situations a lot of the time. Please guide me. I love you Lord, and I don't want to misrepresent you to anyone. What would you have me do? Lord please help the person with whom I was speaking to know your love and to see it through your church more and more. Help Gwyneth and I to be a part of that love.

Thank you for how you are making things a little easier with Kieren's bed-time and waking-up-time. Please help us to be patient and wise; to discipline and correct in love, so that we don't exasperate her, but we do help her to become all that you want her to be.

Thank you for your grace, which you have extended to all of us freely. Please help everyone to accept your gift of love. Thank you that you have taken on someone even as flawed and naturally hopeless as me. Please help me to be all that you would have me be. Amen.
Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home