Monday, September 04, 2006

The Bible in a Year

Dear Father:

Thank you, Lord, for the people who put together things like a plan for reading the Bible in a year. Help me to actually stick to it and to read it by this time next year. It seems so hard to believe that this time next year we will be in Grand Rapids, if you are willing. Anyway, today it was fascinating to read the contrasting passages from Isaiah, 2 Corinthians and Psalms. Your mercy and your justice are so great, God!

Please forgive me for the sins I committed yesterday. Thank-you for your mercy. Please continue to have mercy on me.

Please continue to be with all my friends, family, loved ones, and everyone else, for that matter. Please be especially near to Amber and Dave and their baby--it is so exciting that they are in the hospital right now! God, please bless them. And please use Gwyneth as your instrument in that place with Dave and Amber.

Lord, please also be especially close to Chris and Rebekka. I pray that their first service at their new church might have gone well. You are a wonderful God. You take care of all of us so well. Thank-you for the baby boy that Dana & Kaisu are adopting! Please guide the adoption process and grant Dana & Kaisu, and the rest of the family, patience during this very long process.

Thank you for the opportunity that you have given me to minister to your people in the youth program of the church and in the Film Project and in our Small Group. Please help me to be your faithful servant in all of these places, and with all of these people.

I love you, Lord. Please continue to have mercy on me. I pray all this in Jesus' name and through the power of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home