Wednesday, August 30, 2006

If you sin knowing full well what you're doing...

Good morning, Lord. Thank you for this morning. Thank you for all that you have done already in the night preparing for this day. Thank you again for Gwyneth's birthday yesterday. Please bless her with many more years of service to you. Thank you for having mercy on me yesterday and not giving me the opportunity to fall to temptation.

I was reading in Romans today, in The Message, and Paul says to the Romans,"If you sin without knowing what you’re doing, God takes that into account. But if you sin knowing full well what you’re doing, that’s a different story entirely. Merely hearing God’s law is a waste of your time if you don’t do what he commands. Doing, not hearing, is what makes the difference with God." (Rom. 2:12,13) Paul reminded me about the seriousness of committing sins willfully--with knowledge that you are doing sin. Please help me, Lord, to know what this means and to live a life worthy of you.

Thank you so much for your grace and mercy, Lord. Please give me strength and wisdom today as I seek to walk in your ways. Please keep me from temptation and help me to guide others to you by example.
Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home