Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Birthdays and Stuff

Today is my Father-in-Law's 60th birthday. So the kids got up early (before 6:00 am) and decorated the dining room for him. Mommy & Kieren are up in the kitchen making pancakes for Grandpa's birthday. I'm so grateful for my in-law's, Lord. Dad is great--a good mentor--wise, and humble, and deep in the knowledge of God. He's always seeking after truth. Thank-you for bringing me into this family (not to mention for giving me such a wonderful wife)!

Anyway, Aaron and I are watching TV right now (TVOkids--thank-you for that too, Lord). Aaron was having difficulty keeping quiet upstairs while we were decorating. ;-) One of Aaron's favourite shows is on--"Mighty Machines". I know he loves big machines. On the one hand, I do to, they're a lot of fun, but on the other hand, they are used to do so much damage to your world, God. This one is called "In the Dump" and there's so much trash.

And then I think about garbage dumps in Cambodia (and other parts of the world) where people are so desperate that they choose to live in (or right next to) a garbage dump, and they play and get their food and shelter from what others have thrown away. The injustice, Lord! How long will you let this happen? What do you want me to do? How long will you let us do this to each other?

Still, you are good, God. I love you. I know you are doing what is right and you always will do it. Thank-you again for my Father-in-Law. Please bring him an extra special day today. Please also bring him many more years, Lord. I love you. Thank-you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home