Monday, January 22, 2007

Dear God:

I know that it has been a pretty long time since you and I talked together for any length of time. I guess you might be somewhat expecting that kind of behaviour by now. But I want you to know that I am sorry, and while I haven't been talking to you too much, I am thinking about you a lot.

As you might have guessed, I'm in a bit of trouble again today. I've been struggling with the usual more often than usual lately. Please forgive me for this; for the infidelity, for the lust, for the selfishness. Please work in me through your Spirit to take this sin away from me forever. Let me at least be clean tonight! Please at least make me something somebody can use (preferably you!). I'm full of all these things--things that I have taken on--that I cannot do! I have Hebrew (which is harder than it should be because I'm so undisciplined), I have Anthony and Miriam's wedding that I'm supposed to edit, I have the papers that I'm supposed to be handing in, the books that I'm supposed to read, the kids that I'm supposed to be parenting, the house that I'm supposed to be cleaning, the laundry, the fixing, the slideshow for the church, the bulletin redesign, the letterhead redesign, the this, the that...

I'm sorry I've taken on too much. Please help me.

The Weakerthans - Utilities

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home